ECM – Global Measurement Solutions (East Coast Metrology, LLC) has officially been awarded approved supplier status for Rolls-Royce Corporation. The Certificate Scope of Approval includes: Rolls-Royce Corporation Sub-Tier, Component Measurement, and CMM Programming Supplier categories. This award confirms that East Coast Metrology, LLC has completed the rigorous testing needed to assure Rolls-Royce Corporation that Quality Assurance Controls meet the general requirements of Rolls-Royce, as specified in RR9000:SABRe. This agreement between Rolls-Royce and ECM validates that all quality control systems and management structures sustain accordance to the requirements put forth by Rolls-Royce Corporation.
Fourth grade Den 8 Cub Scouts from a local school in Rowley, MA visited ECM on January 19th and are now one step closer to earning their Engineering Badge. Educating the next generation is extremely important to ECM and we attend and host several educational events a year. Whether it is training, or simply showing a young group of eager minds what we do in our everyday job. Needless to say, they find our work pretty fascinating. Congratulations Scouts!
Check out our CMS Preparatory Course for the Level-One Certification Exam here.
SA Training Courses:
Executive Vice Chair
The Vice-Chair, along with the Chair, Past-Chair and Executive Committee conduct the business and financial affairs of the CMS in accordance with the CMS Bylaws and established Policies and Procedures. This is a three-year commitment. The first year is spent as Vice-Chair, the second as Chair and the third as Past Chair. The Vice-Chair position is limited to two candidates for election.
The following topics will be covered:
- Cost-cutting techniques: How to optimize your scanning speed
- How to get the most out of your tracker and speed up processes throughout your quality department
- Setting high quality standards from the management level down to your engineers
- Metrology Certification: How it benefits your quality control department?
- User Group Activities Include:
- Discussions revolving around everyday measurement problems
- General metrology equipment care and maintenance
- GD&T training introduction: Information on new industry standards
- Brief overviews of ECM training courses and certification opportunities
Symposium Event Page:
This AMTech-funded alliance is merging the brightest minds in the industrial and metrology sectors to keep American manufacturing on the cutting edge of innovation.
ECM was formally invited to speak to the students at Masconomet High School on May 26, 2016, representing one of the local engineering service companies in the area. Some topics include, educating students on what it means to be an engineer in the “real world” and what some of the everyday tasks and challenges are when working on various projects within the industry. ECM is always available for any opportunity that helps to educate the younger generation about the STEM field and the opportunities it has to offer.
Today’s exceptionally accurate and super-high-speed metrology hardware and software has been a great benefit for untold numbers of organizations, with applications suitable for diverse sectors such as aerospace, medical, automotive, archaeological research and restoration, building information modeling (BIM), and many others. Although manufacturers generally have adequate tools, and staff with the metrology experience to use them, for many applications best-in-class equipment and world-class metrologists are required. That’s where metrology service providers come in.
ECM – Global Measurement Solutions
EDUCATING THE NEXT GENERATION
- Taking the Next Step in Your Measurement Process October 18, 2017
- Forensic Metrology: Overcoming Measurement Uncertainty at the Scene of the Crime March 23, 2017
- Best Practices in BIM – Top 5 Steps for Scan to BIM February 17, 2017
- How to Get Management to Fund Metrology Training November 22, 2016