Helping Companies Navigate the New Normal Post COVID-19
Helping Companies Navigate the New Normal Post COVID-19
Article by Kevin Cruickshanks, ECM
The COVID-19 pandemic has sent shockwaves through industries and forced many companies to either scale back their operations or shut down altogether. As the effects of the pandemic evolve, companies are identifying response efforts to implement the changes necessary to stabilize within the new normal and strategize for what is next.
Recovery models addressing issues related to widespread quarantines, extended closures, travel restrictions and a global health crisis aim to protect business functions through mobilization of the workforce, ensuring its flexibility to become operational as quickly as possible, and identifying resources necessary to stabilize operations and the supply chain.
Service providers, contractors and material suppliers are returning from temporary closures as factories resume production, but their mobilization to usual levels may take time. Management needs to decide the strategic supply chain processes necessary to optimize operations with both speed and efficiency to ensure responsive, effective service. The need for speed, coupled with restricted availability due to a sudden high demand within the supply chains, increases costs rapidly. A reengineered supply chain should have the resilience and agility to adapt to shifts in demand or disruptions and adapt to sudden changes faster as the new normal shapes.
Ensuring Resilience and Agility for the Future
As companies move to reopen and face a new reality that requires them to be more agile, innovative and proactive than ever before, ECM’s metrology services provide solutions for companies that need real-time supply chain visibility to plan for and immediately adapt to changing situations. We maintain the latest technology knowledge and best practices in order to serve our customers’ evolving needs, traveling on short notice.
Our success lies in our ability to understand companies’ goals and tailor our services to support those goals. ECM’s professional metrology and engineering services are supported by our professionally certified engineering team, using applications that are innovative and industry driven. Our educational services help increase knowledge and best practices across organizations, improving employee adoption, performance and confidence.
ECM’s Metrology, Engineering Support and Educational solutions support a skills development strategy allowing organizations to operate with resilience. Many are offered on-site with acceptable distancing or at one of our facilities to meet the needs of busy professionals:
- 3D Measurement Services include portable CMM, CMM part inspection, programming robot mounted inspection measuring systems, application software platform and dimensional metrology services with high quality standards for precision management.
- Educational Services for training the next generation of quality professionals or cross-training for individuals who hold high-priority responsibility within your company requiring specific accreditation. Classes incorporate content that encourages active participation such as hands-on exercises to accelerate the learning curve. Staffed by expert instructors and curriculum developers, we offer a variety of educational options: GD&T, Dimensional Metrology, Equipment and Maintenance, and Measurement Software, Basic and Advanced classes on topics ranging from Drawing Interpretation, Developing a Systematic Measurement Methodology to Practical Measurement.
- Online Training and curriculum to enrich users’ certification during work slowdown to provide students with a more flexible schedule, control over where and when they learn, allowing them to balance their personal, professional and educational lives.
- Staffing Services for customers across specialty projects and industries. Current disruptive forces within industries are increasing the need for extended teams. While companies focus on core activities, our engineers are ready to support special projects and customer driven initiatives.
- Equipment Calibration and Repair Services - ISO/IEC 17025 Accredited. Calibration services can be performed onsite at the customer’s facility or at one of our ISO/IEC 17025 Accredited Laboratory in Topsfield, MA and Wixom, MI. With competitive pricing and quick turn-around times, ECM provides calibration services for Laser Trackers, Arms, Laser Scanners, CMM, CNC Machine and so much more.
- Onsite Consulting Services related to measurement enable companies to make better-informed metrology, engineering and maintenance decisions.
- Reverse Engineering Services generate accurate CAD models for the most challenging applications, small or large objects, using our 3D scanning and processing.
- Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) 3D Scanning helps with planning, designing, constructing, and managing buildings and infrastructures, addressing architectural facility planning, virtual engineering, and building construction needs.
- Equipment Rentals enables access to measurement equipment (hardware and software) rentals by the day, week, or month to maintain production efficiency in the face of inspection challenges as well as offering the benefit of using the latest technology.
As a comprehensive metrology solution provider and one of the most recognized companies in North America, ECM is committed to helping organizations quickly assess their current and future needs, implementing responsive strategies as they move towards a position of strength, efficiency and competitiveness.
As an essential critical infrastructure workforce under the guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), ECM has remained fully operational during the pandemic in support of our country’s national security and public safety. We continue to meet and exceed safety protocols outlined for the transition through the phases of local governing bodies’ reopening plans and remain committed to the well-being of our customers and employees. Our goal is to do everything possible to offer you the very highest standard of metrology, engineering support, and educational services while protecting both you and our staff.
Additional information about the services we offer and our COVID-19 response can be found through our website, EastCoastMetrology.com or call us at 978-887-5781. We wish you well and look forward to better times. Stay safe and healthy.