Top 10 Things to Look for in a GOOD Metrology Service Provider
You’ve made the decision to outsource your metrology needs, now you just need to find the right metrology service provider. With so many companies offering a large selection of equipment and services it can be extremely difficult to choose which one to trust. Let us help you!
- Make sure they are ISO 9001 Certified and ISO/IEC 17025 Accredited.
- Look for estimated turn-around times (depending on volume) for part inspections and calibration services to be one week or less.
- Estimated engineering travel costs should be included in your original quotation.
- They are using the best piece of equipment, offering you the most accurate results in an efficient manner.
- Make sure they work with your production schedule and are flexible to your company regulations.
- They perform all services they are offering for your application in-house and do not outsource to someone else for scanning or reporting. This increases your overall cost.
- They have the ability to offer benchmarks and sample reports prior to providing you with a quote.
- They provide the resulting reports in raw file format for you to keep.
- They are involved in the metrology community (professional societies) and keep up to date with latest equipment and software advances.
- Check their references!
These are all factors to consider when looking for a service provider you can trust to do the job right. Whichever provider you choose, make sure they are working for YOU, not carrying out their own agenda. Good engineers will not only take the measurements for you, they will teach you along the way to help you better yourself.