CMM Verification and Calibration
Verify CMM Accuracy with Onsite CMM Calibrations
Similar to a machine center, calibrations can be performed on a Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM) to define and verify geometric deviations in straightness, rotation, linearity, angularity and squareness.
ECM is able to define these parameters with the highest degree of accuracy using best in class measurement systems and reporting deviation analysis.
HEXAGON | BROWN & SHARPE | ZEISS | WENZEL | MITUTOYO | SHEFFIELD | STARRET | COORD3 | LK
PC-DMIS | OPEN-DMIS | CALYPSO | CMM MANAGER | GEOPAK | GEOMET | GEOMEASURE | CAMIO STUDIO | REFLEX | QC-5000 | MCOSMOS | MICROMEASURE II
*If you don't see your brand of hardware or software listed, please contact us to discuss our available calibration options for your brand of equipment and software.
Featured Calibration Services
- Cleaning of Machine
A thorough cleaning of the surface plate, guide ways, and scales are done at the beginning of each calibration.
- Reader Head and Scale Evaluation
Reader heads of each axis are checked using an oscilloscope and adjusted to the best possible output. Scales of the machine visually inspected.
- Probe Evaluation and Repeatability
Each axis is checked using your probe when applicable.
- Beam/Plate Parallelism Inspection
Beam and plate parallelism are checked to the machines working surface.
- Volumetric Test
A full volumetric test will be completed, adjustments will be made accordingly.
- Inspect and Adjust Machine Squareness
Measurements are taken in the XY, ZX, and ZY directions and adjusted accordingly.
- Linearity Check
X, Y, and Z Linearity checked and adjusted as needed.
- Calibration Certificate
An official calibration sticker and certificate will be issued after each calibration.
A quick glance at our onsite CMM services:
- CMM Calibrations and Repair
- Refurbished CMMs with New Electronics and Software
- Gage Calibration and Repair
- PC-DMIS CMM Programmer Training
- Turn-Key CMM Programs
A quick glance at our onsite calibration process:
- Cleaning & Maintenance of Machine
- Highly trained Calibration Professionals
- Customized calibration reports
- Fast and flexible service schedules
- Calibration of all CMM’s and Software’s
- Encoder and Scale Diagnosis
- On-site calibrations anywhere in the country
Kristofer Martin will be heading up the rapidly growing calibration services division for the privately-owned, global, metrology services company effective May 2020.