ECM – Global Measurement Solutions recognizes that our specialty is finding the best metrology solution and developing an integration plan to facilitate the conversion of a particular assembly task into a fully automated and highly accurate process. That is why we seek out highly experienced and recognized industry leaders in fabrication of automation hardware and tooling systems to partner with ECM. This ensures that we leverage the extensive resources and capabilities of our partners to improve the level of technical excellence and speed of development necessary to meet the critical timelines and demands of our customers. This approach has demonstrated time and again that the final product is far superior to a company that attempts to be a jack of all trades but lacks the necessary expertise in areas critical to the successful automation design or integration, particularly in the metrology selection. Automating measurements in an assembly environment reduces production time and simplifies skill requirements. ECM’s experienced team provides customized services based on your assembly process and alignment needs, partnering with you from start to finish.
AUTOMATION & INTEGRATION SERVICES
- Set up systems to automate the part-to-part assembly of large components with the most accurate measurement technology available providing near real-time feedback to actuator controls. We’ll work with you to identify risks in your manufacturing and systems integration programs.
- Learn how to use the best, most reliable equipment, a high accuracy portable CMM or high accuracy trackers with our training programs. These trackers are easy to handle, highly programmable and automated. They require only a single line of sight and will run off a laptop with user-friendly metrology software.
- Reduce skill requirements
- Make the process more efficient
- Reduce flow times and out-of-tolerance results
- Increase accuracy
- System Components (complete metrology system including hardware and software)
- Targeting (aka Control Network, which provides highly accurate and stable reference points for locating the tracker and the large components being assembled. So the most accurate data will be embedded)
- Equipment Layout – which includes Line of Sight (LOS) Analysis
- Automation and Software Development where we also teach you:
- Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Positioning System Coordination
- Automation Process Flow
- Work Instructions (Step by step directions for operators/technicians)
- Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Hardware Installation and Instrument Checks
- System Testing (software simulation)
- Documentation (We provide you with user-friendly, practical documentation that will assist you on the job.)
- Training & Support
- Classes for 3 levels of Users
- Helpful training materials provided: Manuals, classroom overheads, training aids (sample objects and tutorials)
- Local Support Technicians, Spare Parts and On-Call Engineering Resources
Manufacturers embrace the concept of “automation” but often are frustrated that the process of integrating positioners, jacks, robotics and moving assembly lines lack the accuracy, speed and coordination of the original manual process. In particular, the automation system doesn’t meet the necessary position awareness or has the incorrect metrology technology to achieve the demanding tolerances of a customer’s assembly process. This is where ECM Global can make the difference between a failed and costly attempt at automation and a highly successful and cost effective integration that meets or exceeds a customer’s requirements.
Use the reliable data we provide on-site to make preemptive decisions as you efficiently manage equipment, sites or multiple assets. Through inspection, analysis and documentation that incorporate your process control plans, your team can rely on our automated measurement systems to guide control systems, optimize part geometry, verify critical dimensions, collect SPC data for process evaluation and help improve overall product quality.
We provide what you need based on performing a thorough process evaluation – from integrating your existing measurement systems into an automated application to designing and installing a fully automated solution. We do the software programming, provide the tools and equipment connected to the software, and write the entire workflow and measurement program.
ECM – Global Measurement Solutions
Company Video[Video Widget Error] Sorry, but the URL you entered is not supported. Check http://codex.wordpress.org/Embeds for more info.
EDUCATING THE NEXT GENERATION
- Forensic Metrology: Overcoming Measurement Uncertainty at the Scene of the Crime March 23, 2017
- Best Practices in BIM – Top 5 Steps for Scan to BIM February 17, 2017
- How to Get Management to Fund Metrology Training November 22, 2016
- Top 10 Things to Look for in a GOOD Metrology Service Provider November 9, 2016